- Download a texture pack
- Run Minecraft and click the Texture Packs button on the main menu.
- Click the Open Texture Packs Folder button.
- Windows XP/Vista/7: %AppData%\.minecraft\texturepacks
- Linux: ~/.minecraft/texturepacks (This folder may be hidden in the Home Folder)
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/texturepacks (This folder may be hidden)
- Place the texture pack in the folder. Do not unzip the pack if it is zipped.
- The new texture pack will appear in the minecraft list in a few seconds.
- Choose the texture pack you want to use by clicking on it.