The Tekkit server is a highly modified server requiring a modified client in order to run, as it is not compatible with a vanilla Minecraft client. Tekkit includes a number of tweaks, mods, and extra features designed to improve gameplay. While vanilla Minecraft is more about building, Tekkit Minecraft is more about technology. Client Download: http://www.technicpack.net/download/
July 31th, 2012
- Updated Tekkit to 3.1.2 with new mods
- New mod ccSensors
July 25th, 2012
- Updated Tekkit to 3.1.1 with new mods
- New weapon mod and force field mod. http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/#changelog
July 18th, 2012
Technic Launcher - Left Side (Choose The EXE if you have windows).
Client Version: 3.1.2 | 1.2.5 Note: Always use latest rec build, unless notified otherwise.
Apply here: http://apply.mbcraft.com
Connecting to the Tekkit server is not as straightforward as connecting to any of the other servers (Survival, Hardcore, Creative) as your client must be specifically modded to be compatible with the server side modifications. As such, these instructions have been provided.
- Download the Technic Launcher, linked above.
- Run the launcher, and on the top left corner, Select "Tekkit" from the drop down list.
- Click on Options (Bottom Right) And Select the "Rec Build Selection"
- Change your version to the client version listed above.
- Sign into Minecraft using the Technic Launcher
- Add the server, and Connect!
The following mods are enabled on the Tekkit server;
- Buildcraft Additional Pipes
- Crafting Table III
- Power Converters
- IC2 Advanced Machines
- IC2 Compact Solars
- IC2 Charging Bench
- IC2 Nuclear Control
- Iron Chests
- Nether Ores
Some mods run on the client side by default, the mods are listed below.
- Inventory Tweaks
- Rei’s Minmap
Also note that many client mods that are intended to work with vanilla Minecraft will not work with Tekkit. Texture packs must also be specifically designed to work with the Tekkit client.
Tekkit has the same Rules as the main server, in addition to the following rules:
- No flowing water in quarries. You are expected to watch your quarries. Failure to comply will result in punishment;
- First Offense - Quarry will be destroyed
- Second Offense - One Day Ban, Quarry Destroyed
- Third Offense - Permanent Ban from Tekkit
- Stealing is a bannable offense.
- Nuclear reactors must be encased in reinforced stone. Using nuclear reactors for anything other than generating power will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not use other player's machines without their permission.
It is punishable:
Building certain structures or machines can result in an infraction on your account. Pile up enough infractions and you will be removed from the server.
- Leaving machinery running while logged off
- Leaving Timers running even when they are not actually doing anything
- Timer set below 1 second (this is a big one)
- Not having shut off switches for your machines
- No flowing water or any other liquids in quarries. You are expected to watch your quarries.
- Also, timers need to have a shut off switch and be turned off when you log off.
- Punishments will vary depending on severity. Repeatedly breaking the rules will get you banned.
- If you see any of this, use: /report <problem> [details]