The FTB server is a highly modified server requiring a modified client in order to run, as it is not compatible with a vanilla Minecraft client. FTB includes a number of tweaks, mods, and extra features designed to improve gameplay. While vanilla Minecraft is more about building, FTB Minecraft is more about technology. Client Download: http://feed-the-beast.com/#download_wrapper
Feb 5th, 2013
- Opened new whitelist app
Feb 6th, 2013
FTB Launcher - Left Side (Choose The EXE if you have windows).
Client Version: 8.3.2 | 1.4.7 Note: Always use latest rec build, unless notified otherwise.
Apply here: http://apply.lagcraft.com
Connecting to the FTB server is not as straightforward as connecting to any of the other servers (Survival, Hardcore, Creative) as your client must be specifically modded to be compatible with the server side modifications. As such, these instructions have been provided.
- Download the FTB Launcher, linked above.
- Run the launcher, and on the top left corner, Select "MindCrack Pack v8.3.2" from the drop down list.
- Click on Options (Top middle) And Select the "Rec Build Selection"
- Choose MindCrack Version in the left hand side.
- Sign into Minecraft using the FTB Launcher
- Add the server, ftb.lagcraft.com and Connect!
Also note that many client mods that are intended to work with vanilla Minecraft will not work with FTB. Texture packs must also be specifically designed to work with the FTB client/MindCrack Pack.
FTB has the same Rules as the main server, in addition to the following rules:
- Stealing is a bannable offense.
- Nuclear reactors must be encased in reinforced stone. Using nuclear reactors for anything other than generating power will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not use other player's machines without their permission.
It is punishable:
Building certain structures or machines can result in an infraction on your account. Pile up enough infractions and you will be removed from the server.
- Leaving machinery running while logged off
- Leaving Timers running even when they are not actually doing anything
- Timer set below 1 second (this is a big one)
- Not having shut off switches for your machines
- If you see any of this, use: /report <problem> [details]